“Although I thoroughly enjoy seeing and helping all types of Podiatry patients with their foot, ankle and lower extremity concerns, having been a long-distance runner most of my life, it is also a great deal of fun to be able to help other runners achieve and maintain their fitness goals through my podiatry practice.”
- Doctorate of Podiatric Medicine from Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Podiatry Surgical Residency training at Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma, WA
- Board Certified in podiatric surgery by American Board of Podiatric Surgery and the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- Member of Colorado and American Podiatric Medical Associations
Dr. Wilkinson has a strong background of public service, first serving as an active duty podiatrist in the US Army and then as a private practitioner in Maryland for 22 years. He and his wife moved to Northern Colorado to be closer to their daughter, who lives and works in the Broomfield area.
Dr. Wilkinson has been an ultra-runner for most of his life and has completed many 50-mile and 100-mile races. Colorado has been a favorite spot for running and adventures, and Dr. Wilkinson has been fortunate enough to participate in both the Hardrock Hundred Mile Endurance Run in Silverton, Colorado and the San Juan Solstice 50 Mile Run in Lake City, Colorado. Dr. Wilkinson was the race director for The Pain in The Neck 5k/50k trail race in Cambridge, Maryland, the proceeds of which went directly to cancer support groups and individual families living with cancer. Over the last twenty years, he has worked with local high school cross country teams, individual adult athletes and has volunteered at many triathlon events.
Working with patients who are also athletes pursuing their own fitness goals, Dr. Wilkinson believes in injury prevention through gait analysis, biomechanics, and sound, reasonable training techniques but is also an astute provider of clinical and surgical methodology to help return injured athletes to their playing field. He treats non-athletes with the same thoughtful care.
- General Podiatry including bunions, plantar fasciitis, and tendonitis
- Running, biomechanics and training techniques
- Regenerative treatments for arthritis, tendonitis, and plantar fasciitis
- Surgical and non-surgical foot and ankle reconstruction
- Diabetic at-risk foot care
Make an appointment with Dr. Wilkinson.