Don’t let hallux limitus or big toe pain get worse—learn about your treatment options today.
- Do you feel pain where your big toe meets your foot?
- When you walk do you feel pain in your big toe?
- Do you notice a grinding or grating of the big-toe joint when you move it?
- Has a bone spur grown on top of the joint, or does it often swell up?
- Do you find it difficult to wear flip-flops, or shoes with poor support?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, you might be experiencing a progressive arthritic condition known as hallux limitus, which is similar to a bunion.
Hallux limitus can strike almost anyone, and is often caused by genetics or injury to the big-toe joint. If left untreated, it can progress to hallux rigidus, or no movement of the big-toe joint at all, which can lead to painful walking and daily life.
The specialists at Anderson Podiatry Center can use the latest technology to reveal the exact stage of the hallux limitus and determine the most appropriate actions to take.
Treatment usually consists of:
- Custom orthotics
- Cortisone injections
- Regenerative Medicine
- Surgery in the more advanced stages of the condition
- Long-lasting relief is our goal
- We treat the underlying cause of hallux limitus, not just the symptoms
- Most insurance plans accepted
- Medicare-certified, state-of the art-surgery center
Don’t wait! Hallux limitus can progress and worsen if left untreated.