“I treat every patient as I would my family, taking into consideration their social, economic and physical goals. It is important to me to rehabilitate my patients to their full potential so they, too, can enjoy our Colorado lifestyle.”
- Doctorate of Podiatric Medicine from The Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio
- Podiatric Surgical Residencies
- Podiatry Hospital of Pittsburgh
- Rocky Mountain Foot Clinic
- Graduate of Ohio State University, Bachelor of Science
- Board Certified in Podiatric Surgery
- American Board of Podiatric Surgery
- American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- Adjunct Professor, University of Colorado Medical School
- Diplomat of American Board of Podiatric Surgery
- Fellow of American Academy of Foot Surgeons
- Co-Chair, Sports Medicine Committee, Colorado
- Podiatry Association
Dr. Atkins has been treating patients in Colorado for 40 years in private practice, the majority of which were with Orthopedic Physicians of Colorado, P.C., developing specialties in foot and ankle surgical techniques including fracture repair and joint replacement. He has lectured extensively in the sports medicine arena including high altitude training camps for elite athletes, NIKE, and American Association of Fitness Instructors and has been a consultant for both Runners Roost and Mongoose running stores. A former marathoner, Dr. Atkins founded the Colorado Classic 5K in Washington Park. He has participated in numerous century rides to raise money for various Colorado charities. A Black Belt in Tai Kung Fu and Kickboxing, he teaches martial arts privately in addition to enjoying skiing, dirt biking and scuba diving. His love of animals is nurtured daily by training and walking his Golden Retriever and Great Pyrenees.
Dr. Atkins is intent on helping his patients maintain activity and reach their fitness goals. He excels in listening to patients and is multi-generational in his approach to medicine. He has treated dancers, gymnasts, master race walkers, world-class rock climbers and marathoners as well as professional martial artists. Dr. Atkins has treated a wide variety of conditions with his extensive background in biomechanics and has a compassionate approach to treating all patients.
- Surgical and non-surgical foot and ankle reconstruction
- Surgical and non-surgical treatment of traumatic lower extremity injuries
- General podiatry including the treatment of bunions, hammertoes, skin and nail disorders
- Regenerative treatments for arthritis, tendonitis, plantar fasciitis
Make an appointment with Dr. Atkins.